Prevailing Word Church is a loving and caring Pastoral Ministry
Teach Triumphant Truth so you can walk in your Spiritual Destiny and live an overcoming life
“Charismatic” – allowing the Holy Spirit’s Gifts to operate in our midst
Doctrinal Stance of Prevailing Word Church
1. We believe the Bible has absolute authority as the infallible Word of God.
2. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His atoning death and burial, His resurrection from the dead, and His ascension into Heaven.
3. We believe there is salvation in no other name but Jesus Christ, as the Holy Spirit cleanses us; this salvation is a free gift from God and cannot be worked for or otherwise earned. MAN HAS A CHOICE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT GOD’S FREE GIFT.
4. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a separate work of grace subsequent to the salvation experience. Every believer can be filled to overflowing with His Spirit and speak with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.
5. We believe in divine healing by the power of the Spirit of God through the prayer of faith, the prayer of agreement, the spoken Word uttered in faith, and through the laying on of hands.
6. We believe in the new birth, eternal life, Hell, and eternal retribution.
7. We believe, in the name of Jesus, that signs and wonders will follow them that believe, i.e., healing the sick, casting out demons, and rebuking contrary winds and seas.
8. We believe in a pre-tribulation rapture or catching away of all born again believers who have made Jesus Christ the Lord of their lives.
9. We believe there is one God and that He manifests Himself in three different ways the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Even though these are three distinct purposes, there is only ONE GOD.
10. We do not believe that our God of love puts, causes, or allows evil to come on a believer in order to further his or her spiritual growth. Rather, we believe that the Holy Spirit is the one who leads, guides, directs, and teaches us in the way in which we are to go.
Plan of Salvation
The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Here’s the bad news AND the Good News- “For the wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). Without Jesus Christ, we have no hope of eternal life in Heaven. The payment or reward for sin is death – not physical death, but eternal death in Hell. There is nothing we can do in ourselves to remove the sin in our lives; no matter how much good we do, we can’t measure up to God’s glory. And, no matter how much bad we’ve done, the blood of Jesus is powerful enough to cleanse us. To receive your gift of eternal life today, Romans 10:9 & 10 says, That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
Say this prayer: “Heavenly Father, I come to you today as a sinner in need of Your grace and forgiveness. I believe in my heart that Jesus died on the cross to pay the wages for my sin. I also believe He was raised from the dead to give me eternal life in Heaven. I now confess Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Thank you for cleansing me of my sin and giving me a home in Heaven. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”